Friday, July 18, 2008

“Strategies in Effective Searching of Information”

Reaction Paper

Well it’s nice to be back to may former school where I was graduated elementary way back 1990 at JRC now JRU. At around 12:25pm I was already at multimedia room and I’m the early participant since no one was there so I just look around to former classroom at grades school.

The forum that I attended is “Strategies in effective Searching of Information” is very nice topic and I was expecting to learn more strategies like for instance:

Strategies for conducting research using internet include how to find information, browsing and using URLs.
An online reference tool to assist users with more effective and efficient searching.
Search strategies like Boolean logic, how to use it and search tips.
How to search the internet effectively without getting thousands of useless hits from which you have to find the one or two sites which contain the information you want.

This are the things that I was expected to learn from the speaker Dr. Resurreccion of Ortigas center Library Consortium (OCLC).

Again the topic is good and timely for us to understand more strategies in effective searching of information. May comment to our speaker Dr. Angelina P. Resurreccion of OCLC was:

· Dr. Resurreccion was to fast in her PowerPoint presentation and also she did not even discuss thoroughly the every topic that she present.
· The speaker keep on comparing the other organization like PAARL that she said more money than there organization in OCLC and for me it’s an ethical because some of us also are member of PAARL.
· The speaker did not explain vividly the concrete and relevant discussion which could I think is more beneficial to all participants because some schools are still using the traditional library services.
· I don’t think that the speaker is fully aware on her topic. Why? Because when three of us raise a question on her she didn’t answer it correctly.

No comments: